Saturday, 24 September 2016

Waste your time on me

velvet skirt
velvet skirt
velvet skirt
lace
velvet skirt
velvet skirt
roses
Dress as top - Hong Kong / Belt - H&M (old) / Skirt - M&S
I recently came to the realization that I have a weakness for black velvet. Every time I see something made out of it, I home in like some sort of velvet magpie. I spotted this skirt in an M&S a few weeks ago but I was in a rush so I didn't have time to buy it. Annoyingly, it was sold out in my size online and just about everywhere so I checked the site every day until it was back in stock. What can I say, it's not just a skirt (you knew that was coming). It spent about five minutes on my wardrobe rail before I pulled it out again to play dress up. The first thing I paired it with was my lace dress and every outfit after that looked dull in comparison. It almost makes me want to rock romantic/gothic vibes for the rest of the colder months.

Also, it's my blog's fourth birthday today! This post turned out as an unintentional throwback since I shot these photos indoors with my camera on a tripod, racing against the self-timer like I did when I first started. As someone who couldn't stick to a hobby for more than five minutes growing up, I'm glad blogging is something that I have kept up with, however inconsistent I might be. My blog isn't huge or particularly impressive but I like having it around. Here's to four more years of awkward posing, writer's block, and getting dressed up with nowhere to go.

Lyrics in title from Cinnamon Bone by Eliza Rickman

SHARE:

14 comments:

  1. Can I just say I adore your blog? It's so fascinating to read and I love your style!
    Congrats on four years of blogging! Reading your second paragraph actually inspired me, especially when you said you simply like having your blog around. We should totally be doing this because it's beneficial and it's something we love, not just for audiences or whatever. Followed you on Bloglovin <3
    Have a good weekend!

    Life in Blue Skies | A Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joanne! I have to admit I used to get frustrated over how small my blog is but there's so much more to blogging than gaining followers. It's a great hobby since there aren't really any rules and you can do whatever you want, whenever you want!
      Hope you have a good week!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to your blog! I'm glad you're able to keep up with it though, at least this also became a platform to make friends. hehe :) Also, i think you look so gorgeous in this outfit Annabelle. It looks so good on you! Actually, I think you look kind of like a character in a fairytale story :-)

    Have a great week!

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rae! Making friends is probably one of the best things that have come from my blog! Especially since I'm quite the introvert haha.
      And thank you! I was thinking about posting this outfit closer to Halloween since it could almost be a costume.

      Delete
  3. lovely photos! the outfit is simply beautiful<3
    www.rebelrebel.co | Bloglovin x

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy happy birthday to your blog!
    I think your blog IS impressive. don't let anyone else make you think it's not

    anyway, this outfit looks so good with your red lip
    love the pleats! altho I'm not a fan of velvet

    The Sweetest Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stevia! Your blog is awesome too, I always immediately click on your new posts!
      I kept checking my lipstick hadn't faded while I was shooting since I really wanted it to go with the outfit.

      Delete
  5. Love, sometimes M&S come out with some amazing pieces, it always surprises me, i adore this look, its so whimsical <3

    Dana x
    fashiondew.co.uk | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      M&S have been on the up for a while but I get surprised too with some of the gems they produce!

      Delete
  6. I have a weakness about black. I love it the black clothes reason because I love it your style and your coordinate! Gorgeous blouse
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have such a weakness for black too!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous! Happy 4th birthday to you blog x

    http://nxkta.blogspot.com/ || http://instagram.com/nxktablog

    ReplyDelete

© Belle in Black and White | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig