Sunday, 17 April 2016

Sunnies Studio Sunglasses Review: Layla, Suki, and Ava


Despite not getting to go with my mum on her last vacation to the Philippines, I did take advantage of her trip and ordered myself some Sunnies Studios sunglasses. Sunglasses are one of those things I can't stop buying even though I have enough of them already. I've always been hesitant to order sunglasses online since a lot of sunglasses don't suit by round face but I went out on a whim for Sunnies. I hope they come to the UK at some point as they're stylish but so affordable. I thought I'd show you the ones I got in case anyone else is interested in buying a pair. You can get them in stores and online in the Philippines and I think they're also sold on Zalora in the Philippines, Singapore, and Malaysia. I ordered directly from the Sunnies website and they only took about 3 days to get to our house in the Philippines! They each come packaged up safely in boxes and you get a sleeve and cloth for each.



Layla

I went back and forth on my decision to buy this pair but I'm glad I went up going for them since they don't actually look too bad on me. I love the toned-down cat eye shape. I went for the chestnut frames since I thought it would be a nice change from my usual black but they do have quite a few other colours to choose from. These sunglasses might be cheap but they definitely don't feel cheap. Kinda like you could drop them a lot and they'll survive, which is what I need in my sunglasses. I just wish there was a cool symbol or the Sunnies logo on the sides since they look a bit plain.



Suki

These Miu Miu copies are extremely cute but sadly, I think they suit me the least. They're still a great pair of sunglasses though and I really love the gold accents. They feel less sturdy than the other pairs due to the thin sides but despite that they're still good quality. I'll see if they look good on me with my hair tied up so I can keep them but if not I hope one of my friends (or my mum) will take em.



Ava

They say if you have a round face, go for sunglasses with more square-like frames. That's why I went for the Ava since I thought they'd be my safest bet. And I think they are, although the first photo probably isn't the best one of me. I definitely like how they look in the mirror though. These feel very sturdy just like the Layla. The frames are matte black and the yellowish lenses make me feel like I'm looking through a sepia filter. The gradient on the lenses is a nice touch too.

So that's my Sunnies Studios review. I hope this will be a good reference for anyone else with a round face shape thinking about getting some Sunnies. They're stylish and very inexpensive (these were all 399-499 PHP, around £6-£8) so definitely check them out if you can!
SHARE:

8 comments:

  1. these sunglasses are just so cute!! love it<3
    www.rebelrebel.co x

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything looks gorgeous on you but i think Ava suits you perfectly. :))

    re: Yes I do have pictures.. lots and lots of Tagaytay pictures. I'll share them on my blog really soon. I just have to really learn how to manage my backlogs. hehe


    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rae!
      And yay I look forward to seeing them!

      Delete
    2. I hope you'll visit the Philippines soon! Let me know okay? let's bond! hehe :)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow those frames look so great! Really impressed with the price too because they definitely look way more expensive than £6-7. I hope we get some more sunshine soon, these April showers are a pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it! The weather has been such a downer.
      And yeah I'm so impressed with these sunglasses! I'm really pleased I got them.

      Delete
  4. Lovely shades! They sure do look great on you! The ava shades are my favourite. I always love the gradient effect on my sunnies.


    Jo x
    www.outlanderly.com


    Jo x
    www.outlanderly.com

    ReplyDelete

© Belle in Black and White | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig