Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Tokyo Travel Diary Part 2: Meiji Shrine, Harajuku & Shibuya



We started off the second day with a visit to Meiji Jingu. This is a Shinto shrine dedicated to Emporer Meiji and Empress Shoken.


Fancy some sake?






Since Meiji Shrine is right by Harajuku station, we headed back into Harajuku to look around. This is the bridge where so many street style photos are taken! Since it was a Wednesday morning, however, it was pretty empty.


Takeshirta Dori is a street filled with adorable clothes, accessories, makeup etc. My 13 year old self would have had a field day.


Pretty crepes.


We also came across a Line Friends store! Line is a popular messaging app across Asia and they use the most adorable characters for their stickers.



Brown is easily my favourite character. He never changes his expression.


Cool building.


I saw this matcha latte on Instagram and immediately noted it down on my list of places to go. The Yojiya Cafe is located in Shibuya Hikarie, a department store right next to Shibuya station. Once we got there, we found out Yojiya is a make up brand! It originates from Kyoto and the face on the latte is their logo.


After the matcha break, it was time for some shopping.


Shibuya 109 was like a gleaming beacon in the distance. I have been wanting to shop here for a long, long time and it did not disappoint. Only my budget stopped me from walking out with the entire contents of Emoda.

The last part of my Tokyo diary is coming soon!
SHARE:

3 comments:

  1. Omg this looks sooo amazing! I would absolutely love to visit tokyo one day. I really envy you, must have been a blast :)
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to go, it was such a fun experience!
      Also your blog name is awesome.

      Delete

© Belle in Black and White | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig